Sunday, June 27, 2010

Diary of a Teenage Robot Girl

So, back in high school (hah - do you like how I write of it as though it were years back? It ended only just earlier this month, but anyway...) I was bored in Creative Writing class so I took out a little journal I had and started writing. It's amazing how I was unable focus on writing my actual short story for class, but could easily come up with an unrelated idea.

The title just came to me as I wrote, in pen (messily) on the small, lined paper of the journal; Diary of a Teenage Robot Girl.

Here's the short entry I came up with:
Dear Diary,
Android Bot 861 flashed his sensor lights at me. *swoon!* I hope he notices my new sparkle plugs tomorrow. He has got the tightest bolts at Learning Center 41.  
Tomorrow night, B.E.T.T.(Y) or Barium Energized Titanium Toilet (Yellow) is coming over. We’re going to look at and discuss the latest issue of R0bO7 Magazine. There’s supposed to be a really, as the humans would call it, “inspiring” article about teen robot revolts and regulatory system upgrades.  
I never really understood the whole issue of why humans don’t want us to control their lives anymore; it makes no sense to me. But, apparently some robots like to “sympathize” with the humans because, supposedly, they created us in the first place. I call their “B.S.” on that. No pic, no proof, like my Dadbot 3044x always says. When he and Mombot 737a picked out my parts from the selection booth at the Robot Creation Center, they didn’t get any help from humans. Though, technically, no robots really remember their creation, so it’s possible that humans aren’t completely inferior. Oh well, I’ll write you again.
It’s time to take the trash compactor out for a walk, 
TTYL,
FOUR
I ended up turning it into my last short story, the one I wrote for our final exam. I doubt my teacher knew that I had already preconceived the idea prior to the final, but I also doubt he would've cared.

Lastly, or not-ish. Right before I thought of the title, there was a flash of what this teenage robot girl looked like. I'll try to recreate it for you..



btdubs - This was, in no way, inspired by the show My Life as a Teenage Robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment