Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mowing the Lawn

So, I mowed our lawn/s today like I now do each week. Now, I don't like doing labor of any sort, but aside from inside chores and cleaning, mowing the lawn is one of my least hated jobs. We have a ride-on lawn mower, but we also have enough lawn that I makes it so I don't have to feel guilty. But anyway, my dislike for mowing the lawn varies each time I have to do it. Like for example, sometimes insects choose to attack me.


And sometimes, the mower picks up dry dirt and the wind blows it back in my face.


Both of these things really make me hate mowing the lawn. Today, it rained a little, not too much. I needed to mow the lawn (was told to) so I figured that it would be the perfect time to do it. It was windy and cool and a little dark too since it was still cloudy.

Perfect timing, I thought. But, of course, this was NOT SO AT ALL. As soon as I got outside, the sun came out and immediately dried everything out - the dirt, the fucking plants. And the bugs came out.


I will never like mowing the lawn. If I ever have a lawn when I actually grow up, even if it's the smallest patch of grass in the world, I'm going to hire someone to mow it for me.

PS - moths, no matter what, will ALWAYS fly directly into my face. ftl - fuck the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment